Kathleen Treadway, MA, LPC, LCDC
Individual, Couple and Family Counseling
I view counseling as a partnership between the client and myself. I see my role as enabling people to explore ways to heal from emotional hurt, to discover pathways away from dysfunctional ways of thinking and harmful behavior patterns, and to adopt helpful patterns of behavior. Through counseling, I help people recognize their strengths and assist people in making and implementing effective decisions.
Using an integrative approach to counseling, the techniques I use are person-centered, solution-focused, and interpersonal. I utilize cognitive-behavioral therapy. I am a provider of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). I have completed all three levels of training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy (GMCT).
- Substance abuse with or without co-occurring disorders
- Family members of individuals with substance abuse problems
- Anxiety (including OCD, Panic, Phobia, Insomnia)
- Grief and Loss
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder with or without Hyperactivity
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (e.g. traumatic childhood, domestic abuse)
- Anger Management
- Relationship Difficulties
- Life Coaching